Use the uploader below to send your files for mastering. If you have any questions before uploading, please call us at (770) 813-0826 or email us at email@example.com.
Before You Upload:
- Bounce your mixes as either Wave (.wav) or AIFF (.aif or.aiff) stereo interleaved.
- Properly label your files (instead of “Track 1”, “Track 2″….)
- Avoid sending us the following formats: .mp3, .wma, .m4a, or .m4p (AAC)
- If you’re mastering multiple versions of your song(s) (e.g. Radio Versions, Instrumentals, etc.), remember to upload those as well. We’ll want to master them at the same time as the main (or album) version.
- Make sure your mixes aren’t too loud! We prefer at least 3db of headroom if possible.
- Send us music references! If you want your masters to sound like a particular artist or song, let us know in the Message field below. You can just tell us the song and artist, and we’ll look it up on iTunes or YouTube.
- As for bit depth and sample rate, send us files at whatever bit depth and sample rate you recorded at – in Pro Tools you can find out this information by going to Setup > Session. Typically, sessions are recorded at 44.1 or 48 khz and 24-bit. Note that bouncing or converting your files to higher bit depth and sample rate does not change quality, it just makes your files larger!
If your mixes are too loud:
- Remove any limiter or compressor plugins on your master channel
- Reduce the overall volume of your mix by turning down the master fader or individual tracks
- Make sure your master channel is not clipping. If there are red lights on your master fader, you need to turn it down.